Hello Biggest Winners! Do you need to “change it up” and “pick it up”?
Affirmation for the day – Believe and Succeed!
August has arrived!
Are you enjoying the cooler weather we have been experiencing, and getting outside for your workouts? Are you staying active, eating healthy and drinking plenty water? Are you keeping daily track of your First Line Therapy food plan and activity?
Daily Food and Activity Tracking Tip
Remember, if you bite it, you need to write it, and if you do it, you need to track it!
Daily Sleeping Habits
How are your sleeping habits? Cooler nights are ideal for sleeping and getting plenty of rest. Scientific studies report that sleep is essential to our mental and physical health. There are a variety of health issues that can occur by sleep deficits as small as one hour per night. Sleep deprivation can cause our immune system to go into overload, which can cause systemic inflammation, impaired alertness, vision problems, high blood pressure, heart disease, insulin resistance type 2 diabetes, cancer, increased levels of cortisol (hormone associated with stress), increased food cravings, hunger, weight gain, muscle weakness, skin problems, and more! Recognize the importance of rest and sleep, and be sure to get enough every day.
How has your “thinking” been this week?
- “Positive thinking is a habit, and like any other habit, we can practice it every day until it becomes second nature to us – and along the way it transform our lives”, (Washington L. Crowley)
- “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so….”, (William Shakespeare)
- “There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart! Pursue those”, (Michael Nolan)
Positive Thinkers have Qualities in Common
- They have confidence in themselves
- They are grounded. They know who they are
- They understand their challenges as well as their strengths
- They have a strong sense of purpose and work hard toward their goals
- They do not have excuses for not doing something – and always try their best
- They are open and willing to seek different paths in order to achieve their goals
- They seek to better understand themselves and the people and world around them
- They can accept learning from others and are open to hearing new ways to achieve success
- They examine obstacles that have hindered in the past and set goals to get to their new destination
- They are creative and seek, pursue, and practice innovative solutions to achieve their goals and dreams
- They understand that the past is but a stepping stone in life, and practice forgiveness in order to move on in life
- They understand true happiness comes from acceptance of self and other, and practice filling their hearts with love and peace
Our next “Biggest Winner” class is Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 5:30, at our Chesterfield Clinic.
For questions on how you can become healthier, lose weight and inches, lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglycerides, and become the next “Biggest Winner” contact Diane Delf, RN, Director of Wellness and Weight Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org