Acupuncture at Total Health Systems
Acupuncture uses tiny needles to awaken different points in your body, stimulating it to produce natural steroids and release endorphins. Your natural steroids decrease inflammation, while endorphins inhibit pain. All this is natural and without side effects, unlike pharmaceuticals. Not only does acupuncture reduce pain, but it also facilitates genuine healing at the site of the trauma. Moxa is an herb known as mugwort that is commonly used along with acupuncture due to its numerous health benefits.
A diagnosis is made by the acupuncturist after a review of the patient’s medical history, physical complaints, and practitioner evaluation. Based on this diagnosis, points are selected. Most people find acupuncture painless and very relaxing. With some points, patients may feel the “Qi sensation.” This feeling of pulsing or radiating means acupuncture is working! Acupuncture helps your body to heal naturally, and there are no negative side effects–only benefits to your health and wellbeing! Other Chinese Medicine therapies may be recommended, including herbal and dietary therapies, cupping, gua sha, and electrostimulation.
Acupuncture, What to Expect
- Acupuncture needles are very small in size commonly compared to a strand of hair.
- The needles are solid not hollow. They are rounded not pointed which help you feel comfort with the injections.
- If you feel the insertion, you may experience one of two things (you may feel a small like mosquito bite) then the energy from the tip of the needle.
- You may also feel a warm electric sensation throughout your body. If you feel any discomfort at all it will easily fade.
- Acupuncture can be used to help treat multiple medical conditions in a natural way of healing your body, without medications that can often cause side effects which can prevent you from your daily living.
- If you’ve been suffering from an acute or chronic pain for some time, acupuncture and herbs is one of the fastest ways to help restore your health and wellness.
Accessory Therapies to Acupuncture
Pneumatic Cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine in which a therapist puts special cups on your skin for a few minutes to create suction. It has many purposes, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage. The pneumatic cupping used is a plastic set with a hand held vacuum pump.
Gua-Sha is the use of a smooth edged tool that is used in short strokes to scrape the superficial layers of the skin. This technique helps to release toxins from these layers by moving stagnant Qi and blood to relieve pain, relax muscles, bring fresh nutrient rich blood to the area, promote healing, break up scar tissue, and may help increase the immune system.” In short, it moves stagnated Qi and blood to relieve pain, and promote healing.
Acupuncture commonly helps the following conditions:
- Allergies and Sinus Trouble
- Bowel Movement Complaints
- Chronic Pain
- Common Colds
- Digestive Troubles
- Cosmetic/Facial Acupuncture
- Menstrual Problems
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Smoking Cessation
- Stress and Emotional Issues
- Urinary Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Abdominal tightening
$125: For a new patient acupuncture session.
$80: Returning acupuncture sessions.
$50: Cupping accessory per 30 minute session.
$50: Gua-Sha accessory per 30 minute session.
10 sessions: $700, 10 (1) hour sessions which includes new patient session if you sign up on 1st visit. No additional charge for accessory services with this package including moxa, cupping and gua-sha.
Cupping/Gha-Sha Mix & Match Package, $400 for 10 sessions. Save $10 per session.