Hello Biggest Winners!
It is Affirmation Week! How many positive affirmations have you collected? Do you feel yourself becoming more positive and motivated day by day? Can you see yourself healthy, vibrant, active, and fully engaged with life?
“Think about what you can do, and decide how you are going to do it”
- Make a commitment to live a healthier life, everyday
- Explore your interests and discover new ones
- Make healthy eating part of your daily routine – drink your daily medical food shakes!
- Energize your body, mind, and spirit daily – get outside, stretch, breathe, move and relax!
- Push yourself beyond your comfort zone – day by day, slowly, and with confidence
- See how your weight and inches are melting away
- Feel how good it feels to look and feel great!
- Know your health and how you are feeling from the inside out
Know key indicators that determine your health
- High Blood Pressure is a strong indicator of heart disease and stroke
- It is often called the “silent killer” because it causes damage without you often feeling or knowing it
- Cardiac Disease is the number one cause of death in the United States
- Part of your lipic blood panel
- A form of fat that is seriously affected by your diet
- Changing your diet and exercising can dramatically improve your triglycerides
Total Cholesterol and HDL Ratio
- Know your numbers!
- This ratio provides the most accurate information in determining heart disease risk
- High glucose levels in your blood can lead to Type 2 diabetes
- Elevated glucose can also lead to premature aging
- Most people can manage healthy blood sugar levels with exercise and a healthy diet
- Get your blood glucose tested regularly
- If you have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, or struggle with elevated sugars, you can make a huge difference in how you feel by following a healthy food plan with moderate exercise
- For questions on how you can become healthier, have more energy, become stronger, and feel better, contact Diane Delf, RN, Director of Wellness and Weight Management at email@example.com